How far to downtown Chattanooga?
It’s about 24 miles, takes about 35-40 minutes.
Where can we rent a boat?
Harbor Lights Marina OR Lakeshore Marina. See link on the menu on left.
How far to Rock City, Ruby Falls and Lookout Mountain?
About 40-50 minutes
Do you have a Hot Tub
YES we do. Please see the details for this option during your stay
Other ideas for fun things to do
Checkout Chattanooga Take Me There at www.chattanoogafun.com/attractions.
Choose from our world famous Aquarium, IMAX, Riverboat Tours, Historical Tours, Incline Railway, Museums and much more.
Occupancy Rules/Daytime guests / Number of Beds
- Overnight occupancy is limited to 8 unless otherwise arranged and pre-approved in writing.
- If you anticipate having 6 or more additional daytime guests, you will need to get prior permission in writing.
- One king in the master bedroom, 2nd bedroom has a queen and a twin, 3rd bedroom has a bunk bed with a double on the bottom and a twin on the top AND 2 more twins.
- We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless
accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
Can we fish right from the dock?
Of course. We try to keep Christmas trees/brush piles under the dock so fish away!
Should I bring my own fishing equipment?
We have some fishing gear but it’s mostly for the kids who just want to get a line wet. If you’re serious about fishing, definitely bring your own gear.
What is the neighborhood like?
Our neighbors normally have 1 – 1.5 acre lots, it’s your typical lake house community which used to be full of summer residents but over half are now full time residents. A number of the earlier cabins have been torn down and been replaced with mini-mansions. It’s a very sought after community. The lakewas created when the Chickamauga Dam, as part of the Tennessee Valley Authority, was completed in 1940.
For more interesting factoids: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickamauga_Lake
What staples are provided?
The cabin is well stocked with everything you need except food. There are some staples such as sugar, salt, salad dressing, cinnamon etc. You will find paper towels, dishwasher soaps and all your basic necessities right there. Linens and towels are provided with the exception of beach towels.
Yes there is one small bump between living area and bedrooms – about one inch. We can provide ramp if required.
What is your Pet Policy?
Well behaved dogs (no cats or other pets) are welcome provided you agree to the following:
- Dogs must be leashed when outdoors.
- The dog owner agrees they are solely responsible for any harm or damage caused by their dog to persons or property at the lakehouse.
- Your dog(s) MUST be housebroken.
- Keep dogs off the furniture and bedding at all times. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN PET BEDDING.
- Adhere to local ordinances, leash laws and licensing requirements.
- Clean up after your dog(s), dispose of the waste promptly.
- Keep dog(s) from being noisy or annoying to our neighbors.
- Your dog(s) must be treated for flea and tick prevention that is current and up to date at time of check-in. Also their distemper and rabies vaccinations need to be up to date.
- Please do not bathe pets in the house.